Page 2 of 2

Re: Back to Vail lake and a PB!

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2026 10:27 am
by Moose
Thats a great question! I never got mine dammit! :x

Re: Back to Vail lake and a PB!

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2026 4:44 am
by Dannicus
Heck yeah man!!

Re: Back to Vail lake and a PB!

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2026 3:43 pm
by Fisheromen
What spell did you use to turn a carp into a DD bass!!!?

Re: Back to Vail lake and a PB!

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2026 6:17 am
by tomnilll
Fisheromen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2026 3:43 pm What spell did you use to turn a carp into a DD bass!!!?
I know, right...too small for a carp.

Re: Back to Vail lake and a PB!

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2026 1:14 pm
by Mcfish
What's the story with Vail these days....who can fish it, what's the cost, do you have to Camp or belong to their club?

Re: Back to Vail lake and a PB!

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2026 7:01 am
by tomnilll
Mcfish wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2026 1:14 pm What's the story with Vail these days....who can fish it, what's the cost, do you have to Camp or belong to their club?
$10 to fish, open to all...don't tell anyone.

Re: Back to Vail lake and a PB!

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 9:27 am
by Queue
Mcfish wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2026 1:14 pm What's the story with Vail these days....who can fish it, what's the cost, do you have to Camp or belong to their club?
KOA Vail Lake, $10 day use, shore fishing only, CDFW license required, CDFW regulations enforced.

Re: Back to Vail lake and a PB!

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 11:06 am
by monstahfish
Congrats on that beast!!! I'm still looking for my first 10 and been at it for a long time. Glad they reopened shore fishing but wish they would allow kayaks again. Came in third place in a charity tournament there when they still allowed kayaks. I've been sitting on my certificate for a free day of kayak fishing ever since as they closed it that winter. Wonder if I'll ever be able to use it.

Re: Back to Vail lake and a PB!

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 3:46 pm
by tomnilll
monstahfish wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2026 11:06 am Congrats on that beast!!! I'm still looking for my first 10 and been at it for a long time. Glad they reopened shore fishing but wish they would allow kayaks again. Came in third place in a charity tournament there when they still allowed kayaks. I've been sitting on my certificate for a free day of kayak fishing ever since as they closed it that winter. Wonder if I'll ever be able to use it.
Would be nice, the walk around that lake is no joke...I have fallen down, and in several times. I guess any way to limit access will lower fishing pressure and that may lead to more fish...hope you get to use your pass.