4/8-You guessed it....Murray

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Re: 4/8-You guessed it....Murray

Post by camobass »

Joking, like guys hanging swim baits on bass that were caught on dads for photo ops
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

camobass wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:23 pm Joking, like guys hanging swim baits on bass that were caught on dads for photo ops
Sadly...it seems a lot of guys have done that over the years....especially the ones promoting swimbaits.
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

camobass wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:10 pm
VinnyBass wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:09 pm
KillinTime wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:42 pm Looks like most of them were hooked on the left side of their mouths. Must be the killer hookset technique.=)
Actually the Damiki bait fell out of the blind eye bass when I landed him in the boat so I just hung it there for the pic. I hold bass
with my right hand when I take a pic and hold the top part of a guitar stand I adapted as my selfie stick with my left hand. I often
for the sake of the photos I post, have many times hung the bait I used on that side just for the photo.
Good eyes..... as I never really thought about it. :-)
Tight lines
So you are really fishing shiners
Fightin' words!
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Shooooot. Absolutely NOTHING wrong fishing live bait.
Dannicus
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Dannicus »

As always Vinny showing me how it's done. Good catches brother!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Dannicus wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:15 am As always Vinny showing me how it's done. Good catches brother!
Come on man.....You kick butt at Murray! You have caught so many bass on your arsenal of selected baits and
cool BFS gear that I had to fish in deep water to get any fish to react to my baits. Heck, if I fish shallow, the bass
look at my baits and say...."I want what Dannicus is throwing" and swim right by. I don't think you were at the
lake that day....maybe the bass were just desperate...ha ha.
Tight lines always. :-)
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

camobass wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:07 pm Shooooot. Absolutely NOTHING wrong fishing live bait.
@camobass You are a well rounded experienced angler and I have no doubt that you can always catch fish on any type of artificial baits on your wealth of fishing experience. If you decide to toss a crawdad or some type of live bait, more power to you because you are not relying on it and can catch bass without using live bait.
I think it is a crutch for some guys, especially those who have a tough time trying to catch bass on artificial baits. Because once they use live bait and catch a few, they have to always have get live bait in order to go fishing. If the bait store does not have shiners for example, they are lost. Again...that is their choice and as they say "Live and let Live" ...but they really will never gain the fishing knowledge of using artificial lures if they always rely on live bait.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

I don’t see it as a crutch at all. Even the old school legends fished plastic and live. It takes technique and skill. And in certain times of the year, is the “only” way to go. I don’t let pride interfere with catching when the time is right. There’s been days at loveland back when it was legal where I would throw a jig or similar slow technique next to a stitched dad. Really working the jig in the right spot. Maybe one or two fish compared to 30 plus quality fish on dads. I think the latter speaks for its self. And guess what, it’s an absolute blast. It’s even funnier when your next to guy grumbling when he can’t get bit on plastic. I’d rather be stoked. Also making bait is an adventure in its own and can be some of the more memorable times.