How Long Does the Flu Last with Tamiflu?

Discussions not related to fishing.
Shirleysmith
Angler

How Long Does the Flu Last with Tamiflu?

Post by Shirleysmith »

The duration of the flu can vary from person to person, but when treated with Tamiflu (oseltamivir) early in the course of the illness, symptoms may resolve more quickly. Typically, the flu lasts for about one to two weeks, but Tamiflu Dosage can shorten this duration by about one to two days when taken as directed. Tamiflu works by inhibiting the activity of the influenza virus, reducing the severity and duration of symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, and body aches. However, individual responses to Tamiflu may vary, and some patients may experience quicker relief than others. It's important to complete the full course of treatment as prescribed by a healthcare professional, even if symptoms improve before the medication is finished, to ensure the infection is fully eradicated and to minimize the risk of complications and further spread of the virus.
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Re: How Long Does the Flu Last with Tamiflu?

Post by Gotfish? »

I had a bad case of the flu over 40 years ago, was very sick (fever, chills, delirious, couldn't sleep well, sweats, etc.) for over a week. Every year since then I have gotten the flu shot and I have not once had classic flu symptoms again. I might have had a mild case and thought I had the cold or was asymptomatic but have not been that sick again.

If it is like COVID, vaccination protects against a severe case so well that antivirals don't help much more. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/amo ... n-symptoms

Antivirals are a pea shooter compared to vaccination but vaccination only works if you get it before showing symptoms.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

If you don’t tie your shoes, there’s a chance you can step on your laces and fall down
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Gotfish? wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:19 am I had a bad case of the flu over 40 years ago, was very sick (fever, chills, delirious, couldn't sleep well, sweats, etc.) for over a week. Every year since then I have gotten the flu shot and I have not once had classic flu symptoms again. I might have had a mild case and thought I had the cold or was asymptomatic but have not been that sick again.

If it is like COVID, vaccination protects against a severe case so well that antivirals don't help much more. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/amo ... n-symptoms

Antivirals are a pea shooter compared to vaccination but vaccination only works if you get it before showing symptoms.
Good for you, truly inspiring
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
TaBASSco
Pro Angler

Post by TaBASSco »

I wonder if the OP even goes fishing at all....just sayin'..... :roll:
Perhaps Quora would be a better venue for them.
Never butt heads with buttheads.