Storm Front

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
bendopolo 44+
Mega Pro Angler

Storm Front

Post by bendopolo 44+ »

So I’m Fishing tomorrow and the forecast is kinda cold. Both high and low temps dropping 10 to 15 degrees from today. My last trip, the Bass were in 0-2 feet of water and busting my weedless Topwater. What is the general consensus for tomorrow. I imagine the Bass will drop out to the outside edges of the flats they have been frequenting. If you have any ideas, let ‘er rip. I always appreciate other “Bass Killers” ideas…
Attachments
IMG_1745.jpeg
JWall
Extreme Angler

Re: Storm Front

Post by JWall »

Great question! And your premise is very possible. Have a reaction lure tied on to test shallow early, then be ready to go outside in varying depths w plastics. If we are metering them out there but they’re not on the bottom baits, might pull out a deep diving crank.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

My idea is to fish lake x followed by a quick trip to question mark point
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
bendopolo 44+
Mega Pro Angler

Post by bendopolo 44+ »

camobass wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm My idea is to fish lake x followed by a quick trip to question mark point
I am fishing Lake X….I'm afraid the Bass are going to do a “Diddy” and fly the coop.
bendopolo 44+
Mega Pro Angler

Post by bendopolo 44+ »

I’m back from Lake X. Got on the water at 7 am and started off with a Zman Streakz on an Owner weighted EWG hook. I like those, they have s screw in with center pin spring to attach to the nose of the bait. I got a Bass straight off next to a Tree Stump in 6 feet of water. Then I saw a few swirls shallow so I took off the weighted Streaks and mounted a fresh one on a Gamakatsu light wire 4/0 EWG hook. It was game on. Tge cool weather had them slapping at the bait but I was hooking quite a few. Then a giant boil on my Bait, I got spun around and the Fish took off for open water.i kicked out away from the trees and put the Boron to that fish. A big mouth with whiskers came up, 15 pound Channel Cat(Whisker Bass) I worked the trees for the rest of the trip landing 24 Bass and an absolute giant Bluegill that was close to 2 pounds. That thing was tough and completely sucked down my 5 inch Streakz. The wind was really picking up. Kicked back to the launch ramp and was home by 2 pm. Great trip, God I love this time of year!
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Tree stump….hmmmmmmmm. Was that next to question mark point?
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Love the secret coded messages….ha ha
:-)
p.s.
I actually am thinking of a different lake than you guys are talking about. That’s what happens with old age.
Borderbasser
Angler

Post by Borderbasser »

Lake X is the business. Nice job as always Jim!