Oceanside Reefs

Saltwater sportfishing discussion and reports for private boaters and general saltwater fishing talk.
basssnifer951
Angler

Oceanside Reefs

Post by basssnifer951 »

Good evening. I am looking to possibly yak fish the artificial reefs outside of the Oceanside harbor.. if this is a sensitive topic for location, someone please let me know and I will delete this ASAP 😂 I was wondering what the best setups to use are? Swimbaits? Has anyone had luck there? This will be my first time out in the ocean, I’ve fished the Carlsbad lagoon a lot, and the harbor a couple times. But never headed outside the mouth. Thank you in advance. Have a good evening.
William Ritchie
Pro Angler

Re: Oceanside Reefs

Post by William Ritchie »

You may have this info already ,https://wildlife.ca.gov/Fishing/Ocean/A ... eefs/Guide , has GPS numbers and distances from harbors that may help decide where to go for first trips . Basically the same outfits used at any location . Bait , Jigs , leadheads , all should work . Stay safe out there . Good luck !
basssnifer951
Angler

Post by basssnifer951 »

I already have all the coordinates saved in my OnX app since I don’t have a fish finder yet. Thanks for the response!
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

If you have a little bait tank try and catch some greenback mackerel with a sabiki and fish them on a dropper loop
basssnifer951
Angler

Post by basssnifer951 »

Thank you.
crawdadguy
Angler

Post by crawdadguy »

This time of year leadhead with a squid on it makes for a better day. Fish slow whatever you do