The rain

Use this forum ONLY for topics that do not fit in any of the other forums below.
Dannicus
Mega Pro Angler

The rain

Post by Dannicus »

It's raining out there. Not too hard at this point, but a steady drizzle.

To fish or not to fish that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the body to suffer the slings and arrows of falling drops, or to take arms against a lake of Largemouth?
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Re: The rain

Post by VinnyBass »

Dannicus wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:14 am It's raining out there. Not too hard at this point, but a steady drizzle.

To fish or not to fish that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the body to suffer the slings and arrows of falling drops, or to take arms against a lake of Largemouth?
By the time you read this comment you will be home after venturing over to Lake Murray this morning because fishing outweighed
the "slings and arrows of falling drops" of rain. Hope you had fun. :-)
TaBASSco
Pro Angler

Post by TaBASSco »

Dannicus wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:14 am It's raining out there. Not too hard at this point, but a steady drizzle.

As long as you take your Shakespearean tackle with you, you should be okay. Alas, poor Bucketmouth.....I knew him well.
Never butt heads with buttheads.
Dannicus
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Dannicus »

VinnyBass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:56 am

By the time you read this comment you will be home after venturing over to Lake Murray this morning because fishing outweighed
the "slings and arrows of falling drops" of rain. Hope you had fun. :-)
Had a blast Vinny, just one shy of an even dozen. I was BFS fishing so they were all clones except for one 3 pounder.
bendopolo 44+
Mega Pro Angler

Re: The wind

Post by bendopolo 44+ »

It’s not the Slings and Arrows of Precipitation but the utter cruelty of the violent wind that buffets its way thru your soul, chilling both mind and body and ruineth thy cast.
Last edited by bendopolo 44+ on Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Tubed morena back in the 90’s and got snowed on. I don’t remember the bite, just the snow. Dad dropped a friend and I off near goat island. He headed to the bar. We had to kick forever to get to the ranger station. Froze. They finally reached my dad while we were warming up by the stove.
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Dannicus
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Dannicus »

camobass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:18 pm Tubed morena back in the 90’s and got snowed on. I don’t remember the bite, just the snow. Dad dropped a friend and I off near goat island. He headed to the bar. We had to kick forever to get to the ranger station. Froze. They finally reached my dad while we were warming up by the stove.
Yikes!