Wild Turkey Season

To many outdoorsman, fishing and hunting go hand-in-hand. Talk about local hunting and guns.
William Ritchie
Angler

Wild Turkey Season

Post by William Ritchie »

Have it on the calendar ? March 30 , 2024 Thru May 5 , 2024 . All the water this year and last should be a lot of good habitat . Good Luck !
camobass
Extreme Angler

Re: Wild Turkey Season

Post by camobass »

A lot of them out and about. Even saw a pheasant walking along the road near buckman springs. First one I’ve ever seen “wild” here.
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Midnightpass
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Midnightpass »

camobass wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:09 am Even saw a pheasant walking along the road near buckman springs. First one I’ve ever seen “wild” here.
I used to see pheasant in the brush fields between orange groves, in La Verne CA (NE LA CO.) when I was a kid (Over 65 years ago).. I even stumbled over a nest full of eggs once... I don't know where they came from, as I wouldn't think it would be their kind of terrain...
Butch
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

I had to look it up. From what I read, dfg released sterile birds or just makes(can’t recall) in Jamul and one other location. Also hunting clubs can get sterile birds and sometimes they get loose. I know where I saw the bird, not too far away is a private duck hunting club/lake. Possible they had some pheasants. Regardless, it was neat to see.
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life