Hodges still releasing water.

Use this forum ONLY for topics that do not fit in any of the other forums below.
Str8t Slabaronies
Angler

Hodges still releasing water.

Post by Str8t Slabaronies »

Its a damn shame.

Hotcarrotz
Angler

Re: Hodges still releasing water.

Post by Hotcarrotz »

damn..
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Post by Carpkiller »

Move it to the lounge.
TV station does a non-story about a nonexistent controversy, so people will gas about it.
Meanwhile, the dam's doing its secondary job; flood control.
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....
monstahfish
Angler

Post by monstahfish »

What's the alternative? Fill it and wait for the dam to fail and create a flash flood of epic proportions? Come on people, like carpkiller said, this is a non story meant to gin up controversy. Unfortunately, government and infrastructure move slowly, as much as we want the lake at full pool, it's just not safe according to the experts.
Stringbean
Pro Angler

Post by Stringbean »

Sure doesn’t take very long for homeless shelters , bike lanes in hillcrest. Soup kitchens.
Wake up people, this is where the water is stored for the community.
How did they have the money 100yrs ago when it was built. If you want to manage water, do your job. Quit passing the buck.. this was no surprise. Aging infrastructure is rampant.
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Post by Carpkiller »

Stringbean wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:00 pm Sure doesn’t take very long for homeless shelters , bike lanes in hillcrest. Soup kitchens.
Wake up people, this is where the water is stored for the community.
How did they have the money 100yrs ago when it was built. If you want to manage water, do your job. Quit passing the buck.. this was no surprise. Aging infrastructure is rampant.
Aging infrastructure is rampant. Fixing it is different than it was 10 or 100 years ago.

Building the new dam is taking decades because of environmental reviews, arrangement of state and federal grants (because ratepayers aren't gonna finance it), on and on.

100 years ago, anyone with a barrel of nails and a couple truckloads of lumber could build their own house. I know a guy who built a house near Ramona a decade ago. Because he got a bobcat and leveled his driveway, he paid humongous fines for disturbing the natural drainage of the parcel. Times change.
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....