El Cap evening bite

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Rippinlips
Pro Angler

El Cap evening bite

Post by Rippinlips »

After waking up and relocating my new fish finder from the bow to the console I decided to give it a spin at El Cap which has been my nemesis the last few trips there. Fished from 1-5pm. Wind had already picked up so it was fun trying to work a spot on my crappy trolling motor(can’t wait til I can upgrade). Threw jigs, creatures and brush hogs for a couple hours on rock piles for nothing. Tied on a mm drop shot and started working a drift in the back arm and convinced 3 fish to take all the same size around 2 lbs. Run and gunned a few other spots before closing for nothing. Got home in time for the end of the Super Bowl game. Decent trip for me at El Cap. Hopefully it gets better from here. Saw some deer come down for a drink as well
Attachments
IMG_5233.jpeg
IMG_5231.jpeg
CorsoEnthusiast
Extreme Angler

Re: El Cap evening bite

Post by CorsoEnthusiast »

The fish are definitely eating good at Cap. Had similar success early morning on dropshot yesterday. They were not acting like lethargic winter bass on the other end of the line. Can’t wait to see how it fishes in a couple more weeks.
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

Nice fish n ski (from what I can see), what model is that?
Rippinlips
Pro Angler

Post by Rippinlips »

KillinTime its a 09 Nitro 189 Sport. It's a great family/fishing boat but I do miss just having a full time bass boat. It does the job though and I bought it from the original owner that had it full time at the river so it has very low hours. Pretty happy with it so far.
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

I fish a fish-n-ski! Careful stepping back!!!
Rippinlips
Pro Angler

Post by Rippinlips »

Fisheromen wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:50 pm I fish a fish-n-ski! Careful stepping back!!!
Very True! Im trying to find a practical yet cosmetic way to fill that void in without putting a hole in my boat. Haven't found a solution yet
Dannicus
Extreme Angler

Post by Dannicus »

Nice!
Moose
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Moose »

Rippinlips wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:05 pm
Fisheromen wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:50 pm I fish a fish-n-ski! Careful stepping back!!!
Very True! Im trying to find a practical yet cosmetic way to fill that void in without putting a hole in my boat. Haven't found a solution yet
My first bass boat was an old fiberglass Bass Tracker fish n ski. I took a piece of plywood and cut it to fit, put some carpeting on it and placed that in there and it filled it great. I had to make it 1” thick to make it level with the rest of the deck so I put two 1/2” pieces together.