Willpower.. when not Bass fishing

Use this forum ONLY for topics that do not fit in any of the other forums below.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Willpower.. when not Bass fishing

Post by VinnyBass »

IMG_0647.jpg
On a day like today where we are experiencing lots and lots of rain and I am not fishing, I woke up early, grabbed a cup of coffee and started my morning off checking out bass fishing videos on YouTube. It is amazing how many bass fishing videos are out there. I kept watching more and more bass fishing videos as the morning started to fly by. I figured since I am not fishing some of these videos can be sure entertaining and dang those are some cool baits out there in all types of fancy colors that bass just love to eat.
I then switched over to videos promoting all types of those cool bass catching baits. Geez after watching many, (I mean many!) of those videos, I really started to think...hey, those baits work and I may need one of those, and one of those and a few of those and those other baits also.
It was crazy as then I started going over to the Tackle Warehouse site and a few other tackle sites to check out prices of all of the several baits that all seem to work well on the videos. It was amazing and just for the heck of it I scratched a few notes down on a piece of paper of only a few of the baits and realized I would be spending well over $100(did I say well over?) for just those baits that I really do not need. I guess not fishing and just sitting in the house on the computer while it is raining somehow made me want to buy all those lures even more. Just knowing that with just hit a few keystrokes on my computer all those amazing bass baits could be ordered and then I could wait in anticipation for all of them to arrive at my doorstep days or a weeks later.
Then the reality hit, as I came to my senses. I knew from past experiences that by the time those baits arrive,(most likely on a sunny day)
my feelings about those baits may not be the same. Yes, I will be excited for a few minutes when they arrive as I check them out.
Then I will put them in my boat or kayak to be soon put on the back burner after tossing them for mostly likely less than 20 minutes each
with no success and then switching to baits that I already have and have caught bass on.
So, this was a very rare day for me, but I am really proud that I somehow had the willpower to honestly did not order a single bait.

Speaking of honest, I honestly cannot tell you that tomorrow I will not hop on my computer and order some of those baits I saw this morning. :-)
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Re: Willpower.. when not Bass fishing

Post by Mcfish »

I think your're stuck on step 1 of your 12 step program to break your tackle buying addiction! I had high hopes...but that was 5 years ago! I'm afraid you're losing the battle! Oh well, tight lines then!
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

So to lessen the odds of impulse buying, put those baits that look good on your wish list but don't buy them that day. Wait until after your next fishing trip on a sunny day. If they still look like you need them, then buy them then.

Of course, to defeat that strategy the baits will be on an introductory limited time sale or the quantities will almost be out so you have to order today. Don't fall for it.

Another tip is to only buy lures that have won tournaments. If a lure is really so super duper, when was the last time a tournament was won or even placed with it? Much easier to catch 1 or 2 fish for a video than to win a tournament. Short of that, don't buy lures unless they have mostly 5 ratings and many ratings at that. Amazing how many lures have such good write ups and videos but don't really work that well for users.

As far as fancy colors, they look fancy to you. Bass only see the red thru green part of the spectrum anyhow (no blue cones). An UV colored lures are an even bigger scam since you can't even see UV (carp can but they won't be biting your lure). Green pumpkin (AKA green cow manure) works as well as any color so don't be fooled by buying colors that look pretty to you.

As penance for your bad behavior, the next time you buy a new lure, throw it without results and then get good results when you go back to your tried and proven, you have to post a negative review at TW stating your experience.
Everydog
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Everydog »

I like the sales cons, "Give 'em something they haven't seen". Well, bass have seen bluegill and crawdads and frogs and they still like them. They like the old 35 MM film containers wrapped in tin foil, used as poppers, I saw a guy catch 35 bass one morning on a film container. All he had was that and fuking cork from a wine bottle wrapped in a ribbed condom. The camera case was the "only" thing working that day. They haven't seen a lot of those, so pill bottles will probably work since the camera containers have gone out of style.

"Catches them when nothing does", yep, then you get several of those in case you break a few off while it's the only one that will "catch them", and the guy fishing a pill bottle wrapped in tin foil, or robo worms with the heads bit off, catches 10 and you get skunked. Maybe the wine bottle cork thing was working? I mean, does this new great lure, does it only catch bass when nothing else does? How the fuk do you prove that? Shouldn't it be a top producer when they are biting if it has that kind of power? Why are there 10 different new lures in your Tackle Warehouse cart that "catch them when nothing else does"? It's bullshit Vinny. It's bullshit.
Everydog
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Everydog »

Seriously , though, Why can't I just have one tackle box like Grandpa did?
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

I realize there is a lot of BS out there, but it is pretty amazing the amount of work done in a video to make it appear that this bait
they are using works the best. Almost any bait can catch a bass and some maybe a little better than others. Some of you may
remember when swimbaits started hitting the scene and there was a lot of large bass caught. Then all type of swimbaits started
to be put on the market. With all that competition things got a little out of hand as some guys who made the swimsbaits or a buddy
would catch a large bass on live bait or something and then hook on their swimbait for the photo to use in promoting their bait.
Then post a few other bass doing the same thing with the same bait hanging out of their mouth and the $$$ starts to flow in.
I know that there are legitimate swimbaits companies that would never do that but I am pretty certain that M Long did not catch
all his huge bass on swimbaits he promoted when he said he did. A reliable witness I knew says he saw him using crawdads and
then claimed he used a swimbait and of course many of us know the other way he caught(snagged)many of the huge bass.
Everydog
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Everydog »

Wait, Vinny, I thought we were doing good challenging our fishing tackle excesses....we were making progress!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Everydog wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:03 am Seriously , though, Why can't I just have one tackle box like Grandpa did?
My father inherited an old tackle box from his uncle when he was a kid which had all types of old wooden baits in it and other type baits.
I still have all of them and many looked kind of line early versions of swimbaits.
Heck, I would toss a few of them, but the fear of losing them overshadows me tying any of them on.

But then again.....this one does look like a bass may slam it. Hmmmmm? :-)
Unknown.jpeg
Everydog
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Everydog »

A bass would kill that! A big one. Thanks for sharing. The hook on the tail must have gone out of style? Maybe a Muskie lure? How about making a replica that doesn't have sentimental value and going on a mission with that?
kahuna bass
Angler

Post by kahuna bass »

Well done, Vinny!!

You and most of us are attracted to pretty bass lures and we become fishing tackle "ho's." It's not your fault brother, you're the victim!!
I tell myself that every time I go shopping for tackle (sure am glad my wife is not aware of this fishing site).

Mel - Kentucky Kahuna bass
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

kahuna bass wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:16 am Well done, Vinny!!

You and most of us are attracted to pretty bass lures and we become fishing tackle "ho's." It's not your fault brother, you're the victim!!
I tell myself that every time I go shopping for tackle (sure am glad my wife is not aware of this fishing site).

Hope life is going well for you Mel.
Yes, I feel like the victim at times influenced by those bass catching videos and amazing looking lures out there ready to be purchased.
I rather be addicted to buying tackle than a heroin addict who does fish...ha ha
Bet there are some fun areas to fish back there.
Great to hear from you and Best Wishes and tight lines always. :-)
Vinny
kahuna bass
Angler

Post by kahuna bass »

Thanks, Vinny! Once I get things dialed in and my boat is finally here, going to send you an invite to fish Kentucky brother!! Besides, I need someone to catch nice bass for the pond!!!!

Moose
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Moose »

The issue I have with all of those product videos and even most of the technique videos is they aren’t filmed on lakes that are similar to our local lakes, small and heavily pressured.

Our lakes fish SO much differently than any other lakes in the country. Our lakes are so small and pressured that the fish in them get educated real quick and can become really hard to fool.

Back when I fished tournaments regularly my partner was a guy from Oklahoma. He fished Grand Lake regularly. He couldn’t not believe how small and pressured our lakes are. 90% of his go to baits wouldn’t get bit here. He also couldn’t believe how many boats were on our lakes. He went from a lake where he could run for over an hour between areas to lakes that take 5min to go from front to back.

My point is that these lures may very well be dynamite baits elsewhere but will they actually work out here on our fish? Show me videos of baits catching fish in our local lakes and I’ll be sold. I readily admit that it possible for ANY bait or lure to catch fish out here but that doesn’t mean it will be successful on a regular basis. Hell one of my back seaters in one tournament put a foam earplug on his line above a Senko and fished it like a popper 🤣🤣. He actually caught a 3 1/2 at Otay on it. He fished it again for a couple of years and never got another bite on it! He also caught a 7lbr from the Lower Colorado on a big DD22 crankbait on 65lb braid while throwing it in less than 5ft of water!

I will also say that all that being said, I have WAY TOO MUCH tackle in my boat and garage. Half of it that will probably never see the water again! 🤦🏻‍♂️
HookEmDanO
Pro Angler

Re: Striptease bookings put on the market a variety

Post by HookEmDanO »

Timothyhycle wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:10 pm In a existence where diversion needs are constantly growing, striptease bookings are chic a average and affordable distraction opportunity throughout assorted people. This utility provides the opportunity to scale a professional stripper quickly into the security of your home, no matter what see or region you are in. Release's misappropriate a look at how striptease bookings are спрэд across the surroundings and why they are proper increasingly popular.

1. Individuality and Convenience:

Undivided of the key advantages of striptease orders is an solitary near to each shopper and the convenience of holding an event proper at home. This allows customers to derive pleasure a stripper's display in a adequate environment, avoiding the crowds and noise in keeping of well-known places.

2. Spectacular to suit your tang:

Striptease bookings present a miscellany of enjoyment options that can be tailored to the idiosyncratic preferences of clients. Whether you are looking in behalf of a peaceful and libidinous environment or more edgy and lavish performances, it is accomplishable to find a stripper who suits your expectations and desires.

3. Shelter and Privacy:

Striptease orders afford a extreme very of https://championsleage.review/index.php?title=?????? insurance and confidentiality on clients. Customers can be steadfast that their personal facts and orderliness details will-power be kept classified, and the display itself desire be held in a innocuous and comfortable environment.

4. Availability fully the Woods:

Striptease orders are convenient cranny of the fatherland thanks to a developed network of agencies and services specializing in such entertainment. Regardless of your location - be it a prominent megalopolis or a unoriginal narrow-minded town, you can order a stripper and be given first-class entertainment.

5. Idiosyncratic Events:

Striptease bookings are also meet a everyday ideal in requital for significant events such as bachelorette parties, bachelor parties, birthdays and corporate parties. They combine a curious taste to any when it happened and design an unforgettable participation seeking all guests.

Conclusion:

Striptease orders are comely increasingly sought-after justified to their individuality, convenience and affordability. This second to none in harmony relief brings exultation and entertainment to people across the country, oblation the opportunity to dig masterly stripper performances right at home. In a world where verdict new forms of exhibition is proper increasingly noteworthy, striptease bookings continue to be a sought-after and conventional pleasure option 45t4t333

is that you again strackle ?
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

Everydog wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:03 am Seriously , though, Why can't I just have one tackle box like Grandpa did?
And one fishing pole...nah!