Curado 200E7 frame

Discuss rods, reels, lures, terminal tackle, line and fishing related accessories or apparel.
Wackyrig
Angler

Curado 200E7 frame

Post by Wackyrig »

Anyone know where I could get a frame for a Curado 200E7? The kid at Turners hooked it up to re spool it and blew the spool in half and it broke the tabs that hold the gate shut. Let me know thanks. Already reached out to Shimano but these are off the repair roster.
TaBASSco
Pro Angler

Re: Curado 200E7 frame

Post by TaBASSco »

Did Turner's offer to help in any way? The way you have explained it, it sounds like their employee may have made a mistake.
Never butt heads with buttheads.
Wackyrig
Angler

Post by Wackyrig »

Oh he did for sure. I didn't press it that much. He took care of me on other stuff. He was a newbie.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Ever since the tsunami, shimano parts are very very hard to get. From what I was told, it wiped out most of the manufacturing. I waited almost a year for a new spool. eBay is your best bet for something used. You may be better off parting the reel out and see if they can hook you up on a new reel
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Just_Bass
Angler

Post by Just_Bass »

The parts for Shimano E series considered as obsolete both here and overseas . It is gonna be hard to find one. You’d better off buying a whole used reel for parts from flea market or eBay. The problem is high dollar price since this series is one of the most popular series from Shimano, a bit overrated in my opinion.