MLB Playoffs..

Discussions not related to fishing.
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler

Re: MLB Playoffs..

Post by Midnightpass »

Yep.. The season ends with the "Hotter" teams winning... "It's not, what you did for me yesterday. It's what you do for me today"...
Butch
HookEmDanO
Pro Angler

Post by HookEmDanO »

capture.jpg
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Geez…I have no real interest in any of the teams that are left but I guess the city that each team is from is pretty excited. Any of you guys out there rooting for any of the teams that’s left?
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler

Post by Midnightpass »

VinnyBass wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:58 am Geez…I have no real interest in any of the teams that are left but I guess the city that each team is from is pretty excited. Any of you guys out there rooting for any of the teams that’s left?
Not particularly... As long as the Astros bite the dust... Maybe the D-backs, just because the are the NLW team, and I have some friends that live there, and root for them...
Butch
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Most of my relatives are in Philly but I find it hard to root for them. One of my cousins rubbed it in a little too hard last year when they
beat the Padres and I should of rubbed it in to him when the Astros took care of the Phillies but took the high road. Anyway, the way they been playing they look pretty tough to beat so far.
foulhook
Mega Pro Angler

Post by foulhook »

They say Philly fans in any sport are the craziest most hardcore fans around. Yesterday on the radio the host were telling Philly nightmare stories. Is your cousin one of them hardcore fans? @VinnyBass
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

foulhook wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:20 am They say Philly fans in any sport are the craziest most hardcore fans around. Yesterday on the radio the host were telling Philly nightmare stories. Is your cousin one of them hardcore fans? @VinnyBass
They really love their teams. Heck my aunt back there is 92 years old and a big Eagles fan. She has all types of Eagles memorabilia
around the houseand even an inflatable Eagle player they plug in when they watch the games. Word is they rough him up if the
Eagles lose(but I cannot verify that).
I talked to her on the phone yesterday morning and when Hurts threw his 3rd interception she told me she wish she could have
smacked him in the head. Fanatic fans......I would say so with every team they have.
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler

Post by Midnightpass »

Well the Astros are out, and that makes me happy... So it's gonna be Texas and which ever team wins tonight's game 7.. The 7 game series is the way all of the playoffs should be... No more 5 game series...
Butch
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

I think because Bruce Bochy is the manager of the Rangers…. I’ll probably be rooting for them.
And the Padres manager is now with San Francisco and that’s a whole another story. Bummer!
DarkShadow
Mega Pro Angler

Post by DarkShadow »

Even though I don't have a horse in the race, I kinda want the Dbacks to shock the world, as they weren't given much chance to do much when Vegas started taking World Series Futures odds in March. I've seen several betting slips posted online that show some people may be in for a big pay day. 1,750/1....

But, as many have said, I'm just glad the Trash Bangers are gone. I don't think I'll ever respect that organization ever again, even after all the cheaters are gone.

I am very happy to see Corey Seager in the WS again though. It's a shame the Dodgers couldn't retain him, although I think people don't understand that Seager wanted out. The Dodgers would have had to back up the Brinks truck in order for him to even raise an eyebrow, and that wasn't fiscally intelligent.

I mean, look at SD! They mortgaged the farm. They are screwed in the next couple of years. That's what SD fans should be concerned about.
Midnightpass wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:34 amThe season ends with the "Hotter" teams winning...
The teams that had to fight for their life until the last game of the season where game 162 meant something? They are advancing. The teams who clinched a playoff berth in August? They all packed their bags early. Goes to show you how mental this game in.