Catfish reel.

Discuss rods, reels, lures, terminal tackle, line and fishing related accessories or apparel.
Just_Bass
Angler

Catfish reel.

Post by Just_Bass »

I came across pretty good deal on Okuma Komodo SS 364. As gears junky, I told myself I might need another catfish/inshore reel. The problem is I don’t fish for catfish very often and hardly even gone to ocean fishing anymore (sold my Newell and boss magnum a while ago).
My current catfish reels are Abu 5600 (Royal express ii), 6500c3 and Stradic FA 2500. Do I really need a new low profile reel? Anyone have both and can compare the size. Both Abus are more than 10 years old but inside still look very good.
BTW anyone have complete line alarm out plus switch of 6500c3 to sell. I want to upgrade my 5600 from old style copper plate.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Re: Catfish reel.

Post by camobass »

Those abu’s are solid.
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Fishingnoob619
Angler

Post by Fishingnoob619 »

Just_Bass wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:07 am I came across pretty good deal on Okuma Komodo SS 364. As gears junky, I told myself I might need another catfish/inshore reel. The problem is I don’t fish for catfish very often and hardly even gone to ocean fishing anymore (sold my Newell and boss magnum a while ago).
My current catfish reels are Abu 5600 (Royal express ii), 6500c3 and Stradic FA 2500. Do I really need a new low profile reel? Anyone have both and can compare the size. Both Abus are more than 10 years old but inside still look very good.
BTW anyone have complete line alarm out plus switch of 6500c3 to sell. I want to upgrade my 5600 from old style copper plate.
Is this what you’re looking for?
https://www.dadsoletackle.com/abu-garci ... icker.html
They sell the switch also. This website has lots of parts.
Just_Bass
Angler

Post by Just_Bass »

Fishingnoob619 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:57 am

Is this what you’re looking for?
https://www.dadsoletackle.com/abu-garci ... icker.html
They sell the switch also. This website has lots of parts.
Thanks but not that one. I need whole assembly off 6500 like this. Ereplacementparts show “discontinued part”.
Attachments
IMG_3327.gif