Barrett report September 9th

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett report September 9th

Post by Early release »

Hello,

Here's the update from me for September 9th. Got there right before sunrise. Slight wind from the north and about 70 degrees F. Water was also cooler at 76. Did the usual poking around heading towards Hauser. Did something I have never done before at Barrett and caught a fish on the very first cast. Figured the day would be epic. Setting expectations a little lower, the day was very nice. Pulled in 12 Bass, 4 on popper, 4 on jerkbait and 4 on stickbait. Also got 5 bluegills that were very decent. I weighed one, that came in at 1 pound, 1 ounce. Those were on the poppers and jerkbaits. The busters were up and down faster than ever and it seems like the fish are holding a couple feet below the surface and not really chasing the shad to the surface much. You kind of just have to be where they pop up, you can't move to them. By lunch time, the water warmed to 80 degrees and the wind was variable, but not bad. The air also warmed up to 96 degrees F.
The big one for the day
The big one for the day
Good size bluegill
Good size bluegill
Seaway
Angler

Re: Barrett report September 9th

Post by Seaway »

Thanks for the report.....
otaymichael
Mega Pro Angler

Post by otaymichael »

Pretty good! :D
Johnnylh
Angler

Post by Johnnylh »

Looks like you had a great day! Thanks for the scoop!