8/30 Report (Back for Seconds...)

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
PatFlynn
Angler

8/30 Report (Back for Seconds...)

Post by PatFlynn »

Very slow start to the day, we just had a couple bass and a bluegill on the boat by 9am.

Was at the end of Hauser when the breakers showed up around that time. There are 5 boats (and one kayak, I think that was you @619bassin) - and we were all sharing the sporadic surges of bass that came up to the surface. My buddy Rick and I did well and totaled about 20 bass during that 1.5-2 hour stretch using poppers and swimbaits, the big one of the day coming in at 4.07 lbs. on the popper.

That was a fun one!

After that bite died, we moved back to the center of the lake looking for anything, and we found a few using dropshot near some rock walls, but nothing significant. The wind picked up, and we decided to go BACK to the end of Hauser, and boy I'm glad we did.

They were busting like crazy on the choppy water - much more consistent and more aggressive than before, closer to the shoreline, and we had it all to ourselves. I caught 7-8 instantly on a popper on nearly all consecutive casts, and Rick was slaying on the swimbait just the same. I noticed when reeling in a bass that the other bass were following in packs of a dozen or so. They were everywhere. Wolfpack.

I tied on a swimbait and caught 5 on consecutive casts then as well, and unfortunately we had to leave RIGHT in the middle of that bite to pick up our kids from school lol. It was an amazing bet to go back to the end of Hauser that actually did pay off very well.

It was VERY hot, especially that reflection of the sun off the water, but other than that, a very enjoyable session!
619bassin
Pro Angler

Re: 8/30 Report (Back for Seconds...)

Post by 619bassin »

Glad you guys caught them , its fun when they bust everywhere! Last week i caught two on one cast,using the donkey rig. Yes it was HOT!
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Just goes to show we left too early. Good on you all for sticking it out!! 👏
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Great report and good job going back to Hauser for a choppy water bite. Maybe that's the ticket for this month.
Pond_prowler_619
Angler

Post by Pond_prowler_619 »

Awesome report bud, looks like morning bite is.still going strong if you can find them
Jesus saves 🙌