San Felipe 4/2023

This is your place to post about fishing Baja, Mainland Mexico and all points South. Got a trip to Cabo or Belize? Post about it here!
Eg3210
Angler

San Felipe 4/2023

Post by Eg3210 »

Don't know if I missed it or if this is new. But a Baja forum is cool, so guess I'll post a report of my recent trip to San Felipe on the northern tip of the Gulf of CA.
Went for a family trip where family was the emphasis, I was able to sneak away for at least one high tide each day, but was restricted to shore, close to the bungalow.
Water was warm and calm, as usual. Lots of action, but mostly smaller fish. Even with a size 6 hook most of the bites didn't hook up.
Added a new species to the list, Longnose Puffer. Along with a number of round rays, croakers and corbina.
Didn't land any sharks, crabs or random stuff this time.
Mixed it up with lures and plastic, but landed almost everything on salted shrimp.
The action came super frequently (love that) but with the calm water even the rays didn't put up much more of a fight then a small perch with all the wave action here.
The phone stayed dry in the room most of the time but I've posted a couple pics.
Attachments
20230413_195629.jpg
20230412_144239.jpg
20230412_214208.jpg