SDA Bay Bass Tourney survey..

Talk about upcoming or recent fishing related events like tournaments, fishing derbies, seminars and tackle or boat shows.
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

SDA Bay Bass Tourney survey..

Post by Carpkiller »

I'm on their mailing list, and got a message from them...they're looking to do a tournament if there's enough interest. Here's the gist....

"Here is what we are looking to do. We will not be able to do what we did before with the setup on the grass. We will be using the OutBoard Boating Club (OBC) at the top of the launch ramp . The date we can use the club is October 14, 2023. We will weigh the fish in the launch ramp basin and let them go there. The awards and BBQ will be at the OBC following the weigh in. Because the facility is limited in space and also the local fishing might still be good for tuna, we will be limiting the participation to 50, two man teams at $200 per team, as not to stretch the capabilities of Shelter Island launch ramp. No kayaks this year but possibly for future tournies. First prize will be $1500 sponsored by Fishermans Landing Tackleshop as before. We will guarantee 5 places right now and possible pay down more if we get a full field of teams."

If you shoot 'em an email and tell 'em you're interested, you can get more details from them. sdaboard@gmail.com

Have fun,

CK
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....
Slater
Pro Angler

Re: SDA Bay Bass Tourney survey..

Post by Slater »

Always a good time..
Dwayne frequents these boards, wonder if hes still at it or did he retire himself from running the tourney....
dwaynesda
Angler

Re: SDA Bay Bass Tourney survey..

Post by dwaynesda »

I retired from that after 23 years of doing it, and am running the SDA Foundation chartering the local sportboats and taking wounded warriors and kids fishing a couple times a month. It has been a blast and very rewarding !!

There SEEMS to be just enough interest to do the event. The Board of Directors still has to make a decision and then get busy planning for it. They will let everyone know what their decision is.