Mission Bay Snooze-a-thon

Float tubes are a convenient and affordable way to get on the water, and finally get to those fish that you can't reach from shore. Discuss float tubes, outfitting float tubes for fishing, and float tube fishing.
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Mission Bay Snooze-a-thon

Post by Carpkiller »

Very slow day at Bonita Cove/Mariner's Basin this afternoon, just like the tide chart and barometer said it would be. But the rain kept the people away so parking wasn't too bad.
Only got a couple of spotties, but they averaged 13 inches.
One of 'em ate a bass jig (green football head, 4" spider grub, clear with black and blue glitter). The other ate a ScorcherZ tube bait.
Also got a short halibut and a mackeral...
220723 macScorcherZ.jpg
And five (!) lizardfish. One of them was perfectly nose hooked with a jig, so I chucked it out there to see if a halibut would eat it. Nope. After a while I unhooked the little twerp and let it go. Later on, Lizard DeCaprio wanted some screen time....as I reeled it in, it flipped right into my lap. Fine, I'll take your picture. And by the time I pulled out the camera, it had horfed up a partially digested smelt. I didn't pose them...this is how they were sitting in the apron.
220723 LizardfishScorcherZ.jpg
I had a lot of really light taps that were probably lizardfish. Considering the size of the smelt that this one had eaten, you'd think more of 'em woulda been able to eat the tube bait.

That's all 'til next weeCKend....
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....
Neuroshima
Mega Pro Angler

Re: Mission Bay Snooze-a-thon

Post by Neuroshima »

Must have been all the sewage in the water. ;)