Local sources for parts?

Discussions about pouring your own plastics, modifying or painting lures, and even carving your own swimbaits.
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Local sources for parts?

Post by Carpkiller »

totally unrelated pic for attention:
20230717_021540[1].jpg
(that's a clear tube w blue flakes for a ScorcherZ lure. made on a hexagonal tent peg so it has reflective panels on the inside. couldn't sleep friday night and made a few tube bodies....trying to use up my plastisol stock..too soft for spotty baits...add hardener, can't get the bubbles out. Went back and forth on the mixture...made a couple hundred....the fish don't care if the plastic has bubbles, but I do....turns out lure making causes insomnia...was up until 7 a.m. now back to the main story)

Any of you have local sources for lure-making supplies? Right now I'm fixated on inline spinners and have a bunch of stuff coming from various sources.

and

Any source for a spool of stainless wire that'll straighten out nicely and take a bend and wrap (like on each end of a spinner)? who knew "304 stainless wire" could be soft, medium, hard, spring wire, and a dozen other product descriptions I've seen.....?
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....
William Ritchie
Angler

Re: Local sources for parts?

Post by William Ritchie »

Hey CK . McMaster Carr generally will have a product to you within 2 days out of LA ,https://www.mcmaster.com/products/stainless-steel-wire/. Check at the craft stores in the beading section for another outlet . Hobby shops may be an outlet as well . What diameter wire do you want ? I have some welding stock that I have bent into Sheldon type descenders that you could have a few sticks of but is probably too heavy a guage for spinner use . Add Just looked at the package of what I have 1/16 " . I do believe it can be had in 1/32 as well , most welding supplies shops . Have a good one ! WR
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

I was going to say, air gas in El Cajon for stainless tig rod, already straight.
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

Not local but hard to beat the convenience of Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=stainless+st ... _sb_noss_1
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Post by Carpkiller »

Thanks y'all for the ideas and offers.
I think a spool of 24 gauge wire from Amazon is in order. There are just so many terms different products have in their specs...
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....