Not SD, but...

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Post Reply
User avatar
tomnilll
Extreme Angler
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 am
Location: Oceanside
Has thanked: 398 times
Been thanked: 681 times

Not SD, but...

Post by tomnilll »

Went to new water for me today and will likely be first and last trip to Lake Skinner. Not bad really, just lots of walking(not easy like Hodges) and too hot. But I did land 10 and lost a few and the most remarkable was a 12 inch 3 lb fish that must have eaten a frog (I squeezed arounf a bit and it felt like a frog) Anyway, here are a few samples...
20260926_094032.jpg
This is the frog eater...although I did stick with my frog for quite a while and never got a bite.
I have to add that I got there in plenty of time for a topwater bite, but spent all of that time waiting in line to get in...a tourney I guess...a few more pics and I'll shut up...
20260926_112630.jpg
20260926_094355.jpg
20260926_075236.jpg
MaxZmus
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:20 pm
Has thanked: 463 times
Been thanked: 127 times

Re: Not SD, but...

Post by MaxZmus »

That place is a gem. There’s a reason why Working Class Zero spends a lot of his time there and he definitely pulls donkeys out of there.
User avatar
JWall
Extreme Angler
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 3384 times
Been thanked: 1234 times

Re: Not SD, but...

Post by JWall »

Way to pound that shoreline tomnilll!!
User avatar
tomnilll
Extreme Angler
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 am
Location: Oceanside
Has thanked: 398 times
Been thanked: 681 times

Re: Not SD, but...

Post by tomnilll »

JWall wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:32 pm Way to pound that shoreline tomnilll!!
Seems to me that fishing there from a boat would be like cheating...too easy. May as well try the tank at bassproshops...

#shorepounderforlife
Kenroe
Angler
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:15 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Not SD, but...

Post by Kenroe »

If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
User avatar
tomnilll
Extreme Angler
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 am
Location: Oceanside
Has thanked: 398 times
Been thanked: 681 times

Re: Not SD, but...

Post by tomnilll »

Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
Good point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.
Mark_Nilsen
Angler
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2026 3:24 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Not SD, but...

Post by Mark_Nilsen »

tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:02 am
Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
Good point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.
Hi @tomnilll. Is it common for people to fish here from personal kayaks?
User avatar
tomnilll
Extreme Angler
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 am
Location: Oceanside
Has thanked: 398 times
Been thanked: 681 times

Re: Not SD, but...

Post by tomnilll »

Mark_Nilsen wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:04 am
tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:02 am
Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
Good point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.
Hi @tomnilll. Is it common for people to fish here from personal kayaks?
I did not see anything except bass boats, but the have a separate ramp for personal powered vehicles...
User avatar
JWall
Extreme Angler
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 3384 times
Been thanked: 1234 times

Re: Not SD, but...

Post by JWall »

tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:28 am
Mark_Nilsen wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:04 am
tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:02 am
Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
Good point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.
Hi @tomnilll. Is it common for people to fish here from personal kayaks?
I did not see anything except bass boats, but the have a separate ramp for personal powered vehicles...
Christmas is around the corner! 🤔
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests