Lake Hodges 9/5 report

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Post Reply
TommyP
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:10 am
Location: Sorrento Mesa, CA
Been thanked: 266 times

Lake Hodges 9/5 report

Post by TommyP »

Decided to tube Hodges again(9/5), the last 2 times I fished it earlier this season I had 8 and 10 lmb. Wow what a difference time makes.....you have to be very cautious of the mud! It is thick(and sucking) and if you stay in one spot you will sink deeply. I used the rental boats for support trying to make my way to the waters edge. That has hindered other fisherman as I ran into only 2 Yakers on the lake. I ended around noon with 3 lmb....big un @ 3 lbs. Cranks and BTX minnow Texas rigged with 1/16 oz wide gap hook was my baits of choice. Had an issue with my electronics so no intell, but I asked a yaker and he said water was 80*. Also caught a catfish on the crank. Pray for rain is all I can say.
LGF.....D
TommyP
sammy j
Angler
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2026 8:04 am
Location: San Diego
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Lake Hodges 9/5 report

Post by sammy j »

If it rains too much they will just release it to the ocean. I think we are looking at the new normal that being 5 t0 10% capacity
Sucks
TommyP
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:10 am
Location: Sorrento Mesa, CA
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Lake Hodges 9/5 report

Post by TommyP »

Maybe not....great article in the UT on Tuesday, 9/8.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest