It's been a while back at cap

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Dfishin
Extreme Angler
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:49 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 1151 times
Been thanked: 725 times

It's been a while back at cap

Post by Dfishin »

I have not done much since May other than my trip to Powell. I decided to change my ride. Wasn't sure to what. I have been float tubing for over 45 years and never had a concern, until now. I had a leak at barrett and all was fine. I kept thinking what if I need to swim and tow my sinking tube. I'm just to old and out of shape now. I like to travel on the water, so I decided on a Sun Dolphin 8. I was going to get a pond prowler 8, but they discontinued them. So keeping a short story long, I started installing my gear from my pontoon. I have made a few trips to Cap trying things out, changing and changing. This last trip I'm pretty happy with it. I fished all three times and that feels good to feel the bite, then the fight again. the last trip was to do some traveling and it worked out nice. I know I'm out as a tuber, but hope we can still be friends.
Fishing has been good shallow to the bubbler. Bubbler: Fluke, underspin, lipless crankbait and flash J. Just fishing: DS, texas rig, small chatter bait and fluke.
Bubbler
Attachments
Not bait all Bass.
Not bait all Bass.
IMG_6845.JPG
IMG_6859.JPG
IMG_6835(1).JPG
IMG_6844.JPG
User avatar
Dfishin
Extreme Angler
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:49 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 1151 times
Been thanked: 725 times

Re: It's been a while back at cap

Post by Dfishin »

Fishing
Attachments
IMG_6854.JPG
IMG_6857.JPG
14.58 lbs
14.58 lbs
Fat
Fat
User avatar
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 2125
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 2823 times
Been thanked: 3430 times

Re: It's been a while back at cap

Post by VinnyBass »

Dfishin wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2026 9:08 am I have not done much since May other than my trip to Powell. I decided to change my ride. Wasn't sure to what. I have been float tubing for over 45 years and never had a concern, until now. I had a leak at barrett and all was fine. I kept thinking what if I need to swim and tow my sinking tube. I'm just to old and out of shape now. I like to travel on the water, so I decided on a Sun Dolphin 8. I was going to get a pond prowler 8, but they discontinued them. So keeping a short story long, I started installing my gear from my pontoon. I have made a few trips to Cap trying things out, changing and changing. This last trip I'm pretty happy with it. I fished all three times and that feels good to feel the bite, then the fight again. the last trip was to do some traveling and it worked out nice. I know I'm out as a tuber, but hope we can still be friends.
Fishing has been good shallow to the bubbler. Bubbler: Fluke, underspin, lipless crankbait and flash J. Just fishing: DS, texas rig, small chatter bait and fluke.
Bubbler
Very nice ride and sounds like it is a lot of fun even though your float tube may feel lonely sometimes.
Thanks for sharing and as long as you are catching bass in it....is a a good move. Tight lines always :-)
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
User avatar
KillinTime
Extreme Angler
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:06 pm
Has thanked: 607 times
Been thanked: 635 times

Re: It's been a while back at cap

Post by KillinTime »

With the grass growing so high next to the waterline, it looks like the water level has stabilized?

Thanks for sharing!
User avatar
Dannicus
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 2222 times
Been thanked: 2480 times

Re: It's been a while back at cap

Post by Dannicus »

Looks like a nice ride!
User avatar
Dfishin
Extreme Angler
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:49 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 1151 times
Been thanked: 725 times

Re: It's been a while back at cap

Post by Dfishin »

Funny thing is it is actually smaller then my pontoon.
Osidecoffee
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2024 9:21 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: It's been a while back at cap

Post by Osidecoffee »

The new setup looks awesome! I haven’t fished Cap since May. Switched into Barrett mode and we all know how that turned out haha. Now that the heat’s picked up it’s a little tougher getting me away from the coast, but I miss those green guys a little bit…
Kenroe
Pro Angler
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:15 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: It's been a while back at cap

Post by Kenroe »

Nice new rig.
I believe any water craft with a motor, even an electric motor, must be registered in CA.
Might check on that before you get a citation.
User avatar
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 2125
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 2823 times
Been thanked: 3430 times

Re: It's been a while back at cap

Post by VinnyBass »

Kenroe wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2026 9:44 am Nice new rig.
I believe any water craft with a motor, even an electric motor, must be registered in CA.
Might check on that before you get a citation.
Even my one kayak that has an electric motor had to be registered.
I remember a few years ago a guy at Miramar had a electric motor on his kayak and I was talking to him
on the ramp and a ranger there told him he need to register the kayak.
He let him slide, but told him he would not be able to go on the water the next time if
he does not have a sticker that it is registered.
Screenshot 2026-07-23 at 9.53.23 AM.png
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
User avatar
Dfishin
Extreme Angler
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:49 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 1151 times
Been thanked: 725 times

Re: It's been a while back at cap

Post by Dfishin »

I know it needs to be registered pushing my luck.
User avatar
JWall
Extreme Angler
Posts: 986
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 3402 times
Been thanked: 1239 times

Re: It's been a while back at cap

Post by JWall »

I see that Autoboat Smart Head 👀👍
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests