Reel Boxes

Use this forum ONLY for topics that do not fit in any of the other forums below.
Post Reply
User avatar
DarkShadow
Extreme Angler
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu May 25, 2023 11:52 am
Location: East Los Angeles
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 532 times

Reel Boxes

Post by DarkShadow »

Do you keep your reel boxes?

If so, please tell us how bad your OCD is. :evil:
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:10 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 464 times

Re: Reel Boxes

Post by Carpkiller »

I keep new reels in the box. Almost always...toss the box when I start using the reel. Spinning reels that come with a spare spool...keep the box with the spool in it.
I went to Balboa Island and laid in the sand,
I may be ugly as hell but at least now I'm tan....
User avatar
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1129
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:02 am
Location: La Mirada
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Reel Boxes

Post by Midnightpass »

Hey.. Do the reel , camera and lens boxes… OCD… Maybe. :roll:….
Butch
User avatar
DarkShadow
Extreme Angler
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu May 25, 2023 11:52 am
Location: East Los Angeles
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 532 times

Re: Reel Boxes

Post by DarkShadow »

I keep mine, dunno why. I never resell the actual reels, I never put them in there for storage. They just...sit there, empty.

I have all types of excuses.

"What if I resell it?!"

"It has the schematics in there!"

"It has bearing oil from 2005!"

"It has a wrench!"

Im debating tossing all mine out. All they do is take up room in the fishing shelf and there is absolute zero reason to keep them.

(Except for the Conquest boxes. That shiny gold box reminds of my Legend of Zelda cartridges.)
User avatar
Swings are free
Angler
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:30 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Reel Boxes

Post by Swings are free »

All the way to the ceiling.
User avatar
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1129
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:02 am
Location: La Mirada
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Reel Boxes

Post by Midnightpass »

Most of mine are 20 yrs or newer.... I believe my older reels predate paper and cardboard... Probably came wrapped or boxed it papyrus. :roll: ....
Butch
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:10 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 464 times

Re: Reel Boxes

Post by Carpkiller »

The best thing retailers ever did for tackle ho(arder)s was the plastic clamshell packages.
I went to Balboa Island and laid in the sand,
I may be ugly as hell but at least now I'm tan....
User avatar
DarkShadow
Extreme Angler
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu May 25, 2023 11:52 am
Location: East Los Angeles
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 532 times

Re: Reel Boxes

Post by DarkShadow »

I threw all mine out except for two. There is literally no reason to keep them other than to say, "Yep, I own that reel."
User avatar
camobass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:58 pm
Location: Deep in the hills of east county
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: Reel Boxes

Post by camobass »

Break them down flat. Easier to store
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
User avatar
DarkShadow
Extreme Angler
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu May 25, 2023 11:52 am
Location: East Los Angeles
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 532 times

Re: Reel Boxes

Post by DarkShadow »

camobass wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2026 7:00 pm Easier to store
Store for what purpose?

That's the $1,000,000 question.

:-D
User avatar
camobass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:58 pm
Location: Deep in the hills of east county
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: Reel Boxes

Post by camobass »

Same reason you haven’t thrown yours away
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest