Windy Short Sunday 6-27

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Post Reply
User avatar
JWall
Extreme Angler
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 3386 times
Been thanked: 1236 times

Windy Short Sunday 6-27

Post by JWall »

Put in 5 hours from 5:30-10:30 when dealing with early winds and afternoon to-do’s sent us packing. The first 3.5 hours were consistent bites on our swim senkos, doubletail hulajigs, minijigs, senkos, and micro chatters. Caught so many on my swimsenko in two trips that the hook snapped in the middle of one fight. When I reached for my hook tray…$&%#, I left it in the truck. Not good timing at all as by the time we got lines back in, the bite was starting to slow. Still super fun and beautiful as always at the Big B. 36 between us and smallish again, our biggest being mid 2’s.
Attachments
IMG_0878.jpeg
IMG_8722.jpeg
MaxZmus
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:20 pm
Has thanked: 465 times
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: Windy Short Sunday 6-27

Post by MaxZmus »

Sorry I couldn’t get the motor going for you this morning John. Funny thing is, after you guys left the dock, another group hopped in and fired it up on the first pull. 🤣.
User avatar
JWall
Extreme Angler
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 3386 times
Been thanked: 1236 times

Re: Windy Short Sunday 6-27

Post by JWall »

MaxZmus wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2026 8:53 pm Sorry I couldn’t get the motor going for you this morning John. Funny thing is, after you guys left the dock, another group hopped in and fired it up on the first pull. 🤣.
Hey thanks a ton for trying! I did see the boat gone when we came back in. My guess is it was flooded by the first guy I wasn't aware of, then I added to it, and time eventually cleared it. Rule #1 has always been jump in and start the motor first over the years of sketchy motors and I need to remember that.

Hope you had a fun day. Despite my multiple brain farts, we had a blast 😀👍
MaxZmus
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:20 pm
Has thanked: 465 times
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: Windy Short Sunday 6-27

Post by MaxZmus »

JWall wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2026 6:39 am
MaxZmus wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2026 8:53 pm Sorry I couldn’t get the motor going for you this morning John. Funny thing is, after you guys left the dock, another group hopped in and fired it up on the first pull. 🤣.
Hey thanks a ton for trying! I did see the boat gone when we came back in. My guess is it was flooded by the first guy I wasn't aware of, then I added to it, and time eventually cleared it. Rule #1 has always been jump in and start the motor first over the years of sketchy motors and I need to remember that.

Hope you had a fun day. Despite my multiple brain farts, we had a blast 😀👍
I fished with the legendary “Big C” and we did about the same as you guys. We left around 2pm with 39. The weather was great but it did get a little too hot for me so I opted not to stay for the evening bite today. A Barrett dink fest beats staying home and mowing the lawn any day. 😉
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests