Been a minute since Ive done a report. I'm still fishing almost every week.
Been out to El Cap for the most part of the last 2 months. I've made the commitment to pound the shoreline more this year and it's been fun.
The once Great crappie lake has flipped over to being a Great Bluegill lake.
I've watched the transition over the years. Just less and less crappies being caught and more and more bluegills.
I'm sure there is still some crappies there but locating them is difficult especially from shore.
Anyways Bluegills.
My son and I have been hitting it together.
He has become quite the fisherman. Catching more than myself on some days.
Nice colors to them
These are some slabs. Talk about a fight on 4lb test. These fish do not want to come in.
These are for the Friday Night Fish Fry!
There are 2 bald eagles out there on most days. Watching them do their thing is pretty sweet as well.
We are back out 1st thing in the morning.
Tight Lines!
El Cap Bluegill
- Str8t Slabaronies
- Pro Angler
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:56 am
- Has thanked: 44 times
- Been thanked: 197 times
- KillinTime
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 653
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:06 pm
- Has thanked: 607 times
- Been thanked: 635 times
Re: El Cap Bluegill
You guys roped them! Nice job. That spot has a bunch on nice one in it.
Happy Friday!
Happy Friday!
- Midnightpass
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 1129
- Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:02 am
- Location: La Mirada
- Has thanked: 827 times
- Been thanked: 639 times
- kastmaster
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 281
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2026 7:17 pm
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 470 times
- Been thanked: 334 times
Re: El Cap Bluegill
Nicely done on the fish and the passing down knowledge of the craft to the next generation
- Str8t Slabaronies
- Pro Angler
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:56 am
- Has thanked: 44 times
- Been thanked: 197 times
Re: El Cap Bluegill
Went back again on Saturday. Had another good day out there.
This time around I caught an absolute BULLGILL!
I have to use 4lb test for my slip floats. Any larger lines does not go thru the bobber as well on longer casts.
The 1st fish of the day broke me off. The 5th offering broke me off. The 8th bite broke me off.
The last fish of the day while I was packing up. This time I played it cool and let him do his thing for about 2 minutes. Finally got tired and I was able to drag him on shore.
Might be a while before I make it back here again. I've enjoyed the past couple of months tho!
Tight Lines!
This time around I caught an absolute BULLGILL!
I have to use 4lb test for my slip floats. Any larger lines does not go thru the bobber as well on longer casts.
The 1st fish of the day broke me off. The 5th offering broke me off. The 8th bite broke me off.
The last fish of the day while I was packing up. This time I played it cool and let him do his thing for about 2 minutes. Finally got tired and I was able to drag him on shore.
Might be a while before I make it back here again. I've enjoyed the past couple of months tho!
Tight Lines!
-
Stringbean
- Mega Pro Angler
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:36 pm
- Has thanked: 416 times
- Been thanked: 194 times
Re: El Cap Bluegill
Roy,
Very nice, lots of good eats there.
Take care, thx for sharing
Very nice, lots of good eats there.
Take care, thx for sharing
Put’em in the cooler!!!!
-
Stringbean
- Mega Pro Angler
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:36 pm
- Has thanked: 416 times
- Been thanked: 194 times
Re: El Cap Bluegill
Yes Roy,
San vee steady biting in 15-20 ft.
There were bluegill spawning on the launch ramp.
Water is low
San vee steady biting in 15-20 ft.
There were bluegill spawning on the launch ramp.
Water is low
Put’em in the cooler!!!!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests