Pretty nice morning at Otay today. There was heavy cloud cover when I got there early. A few were busting here and there, but I couldn't entice a top water bite, so I switched over to a Megabass Karachi to go sub surface and wham-o.
Final count was 7. Mostly chunky clones, but good fights on my BFS gear. The clouds (or marine layer, or whatever you call it) burned off at about 9am, and I couldn't find another bite. Tried jigs, worms, cranks, and Ned's, but nada. Sometimes that bite window just seems to close eh?
Still a nice morning on a quite empty lake.
Otay 6/17
- Dannicus
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 1032
- Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 2222 times
- Been thanked: 2480 times
-
robert_smith
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 285
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2025 9:26 pm
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 174 times
- Been thanked: 472 times
Re: Otay 6/17
That’s awesome Dan but no topwater bummer good job on Karashi empty lake sure is sweet I need to get over there now no boats just waiting for that topwater to start some kids at cap I overheard were saying some big fish at otay biting 6lber all the time kids crack me up lol
- JWall
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 986
- Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
- Has thanked: 3402 times
- Been thanked: 1239 times
- KillinTime
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 653
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:06 pm
- Has thanked: 607 times
- Been thanked: 635 times
Re: Otay 6/17
If that ramp stays high and dry, Otay should start firing big time. That water level could come up quick, at the sacrifice of Barrett if they want. The management of SD lakes is gaslighting, make me think I live in the twilight zone!
Way to be out there living your best life Dan! Keep it up=D
Way to be out there living your best life Dan! Keep it up=D
- Dannicus
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 1032
- Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 2222 times
- Been thanked: 2480 times
- JWall
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 986
- Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
- Has thanked: 3402 times
- Been thanked: 1239 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest