Tube report.....6/10

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Post Reply
TommyP
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:10 am
Location: Sorrento Mesa, CA
Been thanked: 265 times

Tube report.....6/10

Post by TommyP »

Launched shortly after 6 am....really good place to launch as the lower water level has made a nice beach. Kicked(motored) across to the small coves and rocks piles, did not take long as I hooked one that had a 5 lb mouth but that was really skinny, did not bother to weight him but I pulled 1 7 inch senkos and another 1/2 stenko from the gullet. My choice, but I have not used stenkos at Barrett or any other SD lake in 2 plus years. But if u want to catch fish that still seems to be one way. Worked my way into Hauser and across to the island then to the rock walls on the left going back. Had a small lipless crank bait tied on and thought I could get lucky in 10 to 25 feet, no luv. Back at Piggy's by 1145....short FUN day. Had 9 bites....6 lmb(no dinks)....2 ldr....and 1 missed. Barrett is patience. Still the experience of just being able to be on that water makes that place so special. 1/8 underspin, 1/8 weedless hoover rig and a basstrix minnow 1/16 bullet weight texas rigged got my bites close to the weed lines.

TommyP
User avatar
JWall
Extreme Angler
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 3386 times
Been thanked: 1236 times

Re: Tube report.....6/10

Post by JWall »

Thanks Tommy! Regardless of the bite, Barrett is a special lake. Maybe its the lack of humanity out there?
Osidecoffee
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2024 9:21 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Tube report.....6/10

Post by Osidecoffee »

Lately I’ve started using heat shrink tubing for my senkos or neko rigged worms and it’s been working great. Guys could keep their senkos on longer, save some money, and also keep them from ending up in fish.
ElGordo0524
Angler
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 09, 2023 1:05 pm

Re: Tube report.....6/10

Post by ElGordo0524 »

How do you rig it with heat shrink tubing? Picture??
Osidecoffee
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2024 9:21 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Tube report.....6/10

Post by Osidecoffee »

ElGordo0524 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2026 10:50 am How do you rig it with heat shrink tubing? Picture??
Here are a few photos from some other worms I rigged up. This was just cheap tubing I borrowed from work to try out, but I’ve since ordered clear heat shrink tubing. I’ll put the link below to what I’ve bought, it shouldn’t be too difficult to find the same thing on Amazon. I believe it’s 3/8 inch tubing for 5” senkos, and 1/4” tubing for the finesse worms. The black tubing didn’t have any problems getting bites, but the clear ones I bought seemed to shrink a little better than the black more industrial tubing I cut up from work.

https://kayakjak-outdoors.company.site/ ... p728133849
Attachments
IMG_5646.jpeg
IMG_5647.jpeg
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests