Night Time Lures

Discuss rods, reels, lures, terminal tackle, line and fishing related accessories or apparel.
Luc42
Angler

Night Time Lures

Post by Luc42 »

I’ve been wanting to try my luck in both SD Bay and Mission Bay during the evening/night. Any suggestions on what lures work best ? Jerkbaits, dark colors, metallic jigs, ect.
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Re: Night Time Lures

Post by Gotfish? »

Haven't fished at night but have fished plenty of time just before the sun shows up, even to where I needed a headlamp. I use soft plastics (curly tail grub or swimbait) on jig head, bigger size than usual and work it very slow so they have time to locate it. I use the same colors as daytime although the conventional wisdom is dark for night.
bendopolo 44+
Mega Pro Angler

Post by bendopolo 44+ »

The new Bladed Baits(ie Jackhammer)seem to produce more fish for me at night also. It is less about color than vibration. I also like Swimbaits with a big swimming tail. Slow up at night.
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

Day or night, I will use a fish trap with a 1/2oz or 3/4 oz jig head. Now you can also use the jig heads with the underspin on them with a green/glow in the dark fish trap that tends to work pretty good. Even running a crankbait works too as long as you don't bury it in the eel grass
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

professionull wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:28 pm Day or night, I will use a fish trap with a 1/2oz or 3/4 oz jig head. Now you can also use the jig heads with the underspin on them with a green/glow in the dark fish trap that tends to work pretty good. Even running a crankbait works too as long as you don't bury it in the eel grass
Old school proven
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life