Under the Bridge 6/10

Fishing discussions and reports for San Diego Bay, Mission Bay, and the lagoons of North County.
MistrRocko
Angler

Under the Bridge 6/10

Post by MistrRocko »

Usually have 50+ days on the bay a year but today was only my second time out in 2024. Had a friend in town who's a beginner and always wants to get on the water when he's around, especially since I started taking him to the bay instead of lakes.

Rented a boat at Seaforth in Coronado and headed over to the bridge. If I can't find fish there, I'd worry there aren't any left in the ocean at all. Don't know the final count and we didn't catch a ton by any means since we had less than 3 hours to fish, but it was enough for another boat to swing by and ask what kind of live bait we were using :-D Had my buddy on a standard Angler's Arsenal 3" curl tail on a 1/4oz darter head with fish on both ghost shrimp and bright pink patterns. I was on a 3/8oz Mini Max Chatterbait with a Savage Gear Ned Dragontail trailer, vaguely shad colored package. I get weird looks any time someone asks me what I'm using and I say chatterbait so I don't think anyone is catching on but I'm gonna let you guys in on my 2+ year bay secret. You should probably get a couple of these. Jackhammers are alright in the bay. Mini Max is the way.

Beautiful low wind day on the water and always a pleasure to put a good friend on some fish. Definitely a motivator for me to get off my butt and get more time on the water too.
pescado paul
Angler

Re: Under the Bridge 6/10

Post by pescado paul »

I take it the red tide has not hit the south bay area?
MistrRocko
Angler

Re: Under the Bridge 6/10

Post by MistrRocko »

pescado paul wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:49 am I take it the red tide has not hit the south bay area?
Water condition was great, no sign of red tide at all. Saw it mentioned a couple posts down and assumed it had passed already