Keep our Lakes Open

Use this forum ONLY for topics that do not fit in any of the other forums below.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Keep our Lakes Open

Post by VinnyBass »

Hey guys, @Everydog has been busting his butt to help save our fishing venues for a long time.
He has always gone out of his way doing anything he can possibly do and we should all acknowledge him for his great efforts.
Anyway, this is a critical time that instead of just laying back, we all need to step in and at least submit this online petition
to Supervisor Anderson to "Keep our Lakes and Reservoirs open."

@Everydog posted the link below in a comment in the "The City of San Diego is at it again" in General Fishing
Because of its importance, I decided to post the link again on this separate post.

If you care at all and enjoy fishing the San Diego City lakes, this is your time to let the city know.
It is very easy to submit the petition below and thank you in advance for taking action on this important matter.

https://public-district2.sandiegocounty ... gn=165-562
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Re: Keep our Lakes Open

Post by VinnyBass »

Not everyone is on SDFish, so can you please pass the word along to other fellow anglers you know and all your friends to encourage them
to go to the link so they can submit this online petition to help Keep out Lakes Open.
Thank you again!

https://public-district2.sandiegocounty ... gn=165-562
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

Done. Thanks to both you and Everydog for posting.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

@Everydog deserves the credit for his tenacious work to keep lakes open. I simply just posted the
link. Hope all of you seeing this post will send the online petition in to help keep our lakes open. Tight lines and Thank you.
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

To be honest. I'm not doing much for City Lakes/Rural City of San Diego Lakes anymore except share contacts and a few ideas with a few new people, like to follow things up with Anderson since he made the initiative in 2021 to "blow the lakes wide open". It was never going to be that, but he did put out an initiative. The lakes are a problem. Any cuts are cuts on top of cuts and that will get swept under the rug possibly. Next time, what will it be, cuts on top of cuts on top of cuts and more fees?

Not sure what my future actions and impacts on Loveland will be, or what anyone else's will be either, but I haven't been able to quit that one yet.
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

The city and San Diego County Water Authority overspent on water infrastructure and incorrectly predicted high water use for future years while they overspent. It is easy to say cuts have to come from the lakes because that's where a lot of overspending(water infrastructure) happened and the city folks have to pay for it in water bills.