Anybody ever use this Frog Togg neoprene boot?

Discuss rods, reels, lures, terminal tackle, line and fishing related accessories or apparel.
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Anybody ever use this Frog Togg neoprene boot?

Post by Carpkiller »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G6 ... th=1&psc=1

It's the frog toggs aransis II neoprene boot. It has a lugged sole, and zipper up the front. 55 bucks.

That's about what I paid for my Aqualung boots at the dive shop...

I'm thinking the heavier sole will be better for shlepping around the shore...and will fit more snugly into my fins...and the front zipper will make it easier to get my flintstone feet out of the booties at the end of the day.

If you've used these and there's a downside, please holler.
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler

Re: Anybody ever use this Frog Togg neoprene boot?

Post by Midnightpass »

Never used them.. But are your fins loose enough to accommodate those lugged soles? .. I do mostly sandy beaches and don't need anything more than barefoot or flip-flops, but I could see the extra protection and support being good for rocky, rougher terrain... I don't know how the extra weight over your existing booties would affect you..
Butch
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

I've had these for about 3 years and they have held up very well and are really comfortable. I hike in them a lot when up in the Sierras and or down the shoreline with the tube on my shoulders;

https://www.amazon.com/Duck-Fish-Sticky ... th=1&psc=1
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Post by Carpkiller »

Duuude. I pulled the trigger on these when the price dropped to 29.99. Haven't used 'em yet, just clumped around the house with 'em on.

NOTES:

The big lugged sole fits just fine in my Power Kick step-in fins. The soles looked a skosh wider than the wading boots I've used in the past, but no problems.

My wide, high-arched flintstone feet (10.5 EE) slide in just fine. Seems like these will come off easier than my current booties, which have the zipper up the inside of the ankle.

The soles are legit. Sturdy with angry lugs for traversing mud or whatever from the truck to the water.

For 30 bucks...screamin' deal.
Neuroshima
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Neuroshima »

Dude, I just bought some dive booties for $40 but these are way better. Thanks for the tip, Rob!

How do they fit, size wise? I'm a 9ish and have to switch between 9 and 10 depending on the brand. Do they run big or small?
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Post by Carpkiller »

Neuroshima wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:43 am Dude, I just bought some dive booties for $40 but these are way better. Thanks for the tip, Rob!

How do they fit, size wise? I'm a 9ish and have to switch between 9 and 10 depending on the brand. Do they run big or small?
They seem pretty roomy. The 9s will probably do you just fine. And free returns....