NOC In A Bit Of A Washing Machine 05/01

Surf fishing, pier fishing, and jetty fishing reports and general discussions about fishing San Diego's surf zone.
Midnightpass
Mega Pro Angler

NOC In A Bit Of A Washing Machine 05/01

Post by Midnightpass »

Clear cool day, with little to no wind, and a small swell, So looked good, huh?... The only thing besides the goofy tide, was for some reason the the area inside the far sandbar was churning pretty good, and a pretty fair side current... Almost like wind waves, but no wind... Not un-fishable, but just a pain... Any way I had a nice supply of assorted big & small, soft & hard shell sand crabs... But fishing was low.. 3- 8"-9"BSP and 2- 10" YFC... No skunk, but I was worried for a while...
Butch
Perch killer
Pro Angler

Re: NOC In A Bit Of A Washing Machine 05/01

Post by Perch killer »

Had more than one skunk sessions under conditions like that recently. All things considered, you did alright. Nice going.
vdisney
Mega Pro Angler

Post by vdisney »

You're doing better than me Butch, I had a RS full knee replacement three weeks ago. I graduated from a walker to a cane several days ago, but I can't see me walking on the sand for some time.
Midnightpass
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Midnightpass »

Oh man, that sucks.... Do your PT religiously Vern... I've still got both of my knees (not that they are much good any more. :roll: ), but I've had knee surgery, and it's no fun... Work hard and get back out on the sand... Tight lines and no pain...
Butch
cajunjacket
Angler

Post by cajunjacket »

Great to avoid the skunk.
Mike M
Angler

Post by Mike M »

vdisney wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:05 am You're doing better than me Butch, I had a RS full knee replacement three weeks ago. I graduated from a walker to a cane several days ago, but I can't see me walking on the sand for some time.
Hope you're back in action soon, Verne!

A friend of mine had a knee replacement at 75 and he's 78 now. He fishes nearly every weekday and walks the sand for exercise when fishing conditions are tough. He uses the access ramps instead of the stairs and casts from the flat sand when there's too much slope, but he still catches a lot of fish :)
vdisney
Mega Pro Angler

Post by vdisney »

Mike M wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:50 am
Hope you're back in action soon, Verne!

A friend of mine had a knee replacement at 75 and he's 78 now. He fishes nearly every weekday and walks the sand for exercise when fishing conditions are tough. He uses the access ramps instead of the stairs and casts from the flat sand when there's too much slope, but he still catches a lot of fish :)
Thanks for the encouragement, love the success stories