Fishing off/close to Mission Bay Resort Hotel

Fishing discussions and reports for San Diego Bay, Mission Bay, and the lagoons of North County.
Borischelski
Angler

Fishing off/close to Mission Bay Resort Hotel

Post by Borischelski »

Next Week I have conference at the Mission Bay Resort hotel and am thinking of taking some light spinning gear to try off the immediate beach or hotel boat jetty.

I was wondering if anyone may be able to point me in the right direction in terms of advice & any lures I should particularly focus on using ?

any advice greatly appreciated
Nelson 1
Angler

Re: Fishing off/close to Mission Bay Resort Hotel

Post by Nelson 1 »

I would fish gulp baits. Fiesta Island is right there. Or just fish where you're at, throwing towards fiesta Island. Good luck.
YNW_FISHY
Angler

Post by YNW_FISHY »

depends- what do you want to catch?
sdfriday
Angler

Post by sdfriday »

If you are looking for the easiest thing to do, just walk out from the hotel and cast. That area is super shallow so if you want to maximize your chances, bring some water shoes and wade out a bit to get a longer cast. light spinning gear will work just great for spotties, YFC, Corvina and even halibut. Fish early mornings and at night for the best bite. The predominant structure there is eel grass beds so fish weedless and keep walking and casting if you aren't getting bit. I find baits <4" and really more like 3" to be the best but YMMV. Good luck!